cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 job failed due to SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I received an error when I try run the BRCONNECT Database Action Calendar (tx. DB13), either it's a Database check, statistics updates, etc. The error messages are as follows:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000166, user ID SETIR0)

No application server found on database host - rsh/Gateway will be used

Execute logical command BRCONNECT On host tdcwsxd1

Parameters: -u / -c -f check

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT - Reason: program_start_error: For More Information, See SYS

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

FYI, we're using DB instance (DB) and Central Instance (CI) on each separate box in the unix environments. SAP Basis rel. 620 with SP level SAPKB62053.

If I execute the command directly in DB instance, it works fine but not from SAP trx DB13.

Command: brconnect -u / -c -f check.

Thanks and best regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paul_snyman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe SAP Note 446172 addresses this problem

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have ever meet this problem. I think the rfc configuration have some problem . Because the db instance and app. instance are different server, so you can run command directly in DB instance, but db13 run on the app. instnce, it use rfc to call command on the db instace . So pls check the rfc .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim & Rolf,

Yes you're right that the SM59 rfc connection from Apps server to DB server is returned with error:

connection error: timeout during allocate / CPI-C error CM_RESOURCE_FAILURE_RETRY

If I test for Apps server itself, then it's okay. So how do I correct for this rfc connection problem?

Thanks for your info.

Best regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure if this would help. but note#34219 may describe your error. most common mistake would be permission.

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Sorry I see you are running on Unix, I am only familiar with Windows environment, but however on Windows I would do the following:

1) Install a so called Standalone Gateway on the DB-host.

2) copy the sapxpg executable to the directory where the gateway is installed.

2) Change the SAPXPG_DBDEST... RFC connection to point to, or use this gateway (gateway options).

That's all....

(How to Install a standalone gateway or Gateway instance is normally described in the SAP installation guide).

But as I sad, I am not sure if this is possible under Unix also, and the way to go...

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark:

can you upload the error information of sm59 rfc test? I think there two possible :

1. the rfc user on db server not work any more.

2. the service of you register on the db server have some problem .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello buddies,

Thanks for your info above. Yes you're right, we're using unix environment for both servers. So probably I may need to setup the gateway instance onto the DB host.

Regarding the sm59 rfc test error is as follows:

Connection error timeout during allocate / CPI-C error CM_RESOURCE_FAILURE_RETRY.

Tim, may I know what service name on db server?

Best regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Do you konw your system install third party rfc running tool or use sap gateway to run the rfc .

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can do this maybe :

1. Check entries for hostname and user of the central instance in file

/etc/hosts.equiv

2. Add missing entries in SM59 -> TCP/IP Configuration ->

SAPXPG_DBDEST_<dbhost> -> Gateway-options

Gateway-Host

Gateway-Service

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help, provided tru snote number(446172)-brtools problem.

Thanks

Lakshminarayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 980266 - RFC destination SAPXPG_DBDEST_<DB-HOST> does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is needed to install standalone gateway engine and copy the sapxpg executables from the kernel to the gateway installation files and check the RFC connection, you need to provide corresponding RFC parameters related to gateway and check RFC using connection test.

Thanks and regards

Purna

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try check out SAP note 446172.

It sounds like your SM59 connection SAPXPG_DBDEST_.....

does not point to the host where your DB is running.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rolf