cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect charset encoding used for displaying cyrillic characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some data in my system which is stored in cyrillic. It looks like the SAP system is configured in cyrillic ISO-8859-5.

But, when I try to run a query on the ITS ( version 6200.1021.61522.3 Build 823296), using WWW_GET_REPORT, the result is garbish. Looking at the encoding in the browser (IE6), it is automatically set to cyrillic windows (1251). Changing it manually to Cyrillic ISO-8859-5, the result is correct.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can do to have the correct codepage automatically ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

François

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a template for your report that you are calling with WWW_GET_REPORT and pass the template in the parameter string. In the template, set the code page as you like. Otherwise, it will pick up based on your browser settings (as you saw) which will require you to have them set properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

thank you for your answer.

However, I have already tried this solution : I have created a special template in which i have added the meta tag http-equiv setting the Content with the required charset.

Unfortunately, it does not work, when run dynamically. When the page is first displayed, I still have the issue. But, if I save it on the HD, and then re-open the html page, it works. But, this solution is not good in my case as it is not user-friendly at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I am having similar issue and tried changing NLS settings for 'RU' on ITS server. That didn't help. Wondering if you got any solution for this problem ?

Thanks,

Rama Yennapu

Answers (0)