SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

04N2 - Meter Description Read-only

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In transaction O4N2 I want to maintain meters for customers.

The problem is that the field Meter Description (GMMTXT) is read only. Do you know what is the reason and if this can be fixed?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for your answer. I have already resolved that issue. The problem is that I'm not using locations (I have some additional developments that are using only the master data for the meter asociated with the customer).

Anyhow, I have resolved the problem - I have copied O4N2 to a new Z transaction and added into T180 and now the Z transaction is working fine.

Best Regards,

Valentin CATALIN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valentine,

If you are using meter in the SSR/TSW context, you could go to transaction O402 ,where the meter was assigned to

the Location . Meter description can be changed there.

Regards,

Harsh

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for your answer. I have already resolved that issue. The problem is that I'm not using locations (I have some additional developments that are using only the master data for the meter asociated with the customer).

Anyhow, I have resolved the problem - I have copied O4N2 to a new Z transaction and added into T180 and now the Z transaction is working fine.

Best Regards,

Valentin CATALIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valentin,

This is just for information.

O4N2 can be used for maintaining meters, but the meters have to be created in the customer master.

when you can use transaction XD01 to create customer, go to the tab, 'Additional data IS-OIL BDRP' here in the last tab, 'Sales meter' you can create and assign the meter to the customer. You can give the meter description while creating the meter, but once it is created, it cannot be modified ( even thorugh maintainence). So the meter ID and the description field is greyed out and is non editable.

You can change the maintainence data for a created meter through the transaction O4N2.

Best Regards,

Soumya