cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web server deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is required on the web server to run an ASP.Net web application using SAP .Net Connector 2.0?

Running the SAP .Net Connector msi stops advising "You must first install the Visual Studio .Net 7.1 integrated development environment (IDE)." I don't want to install full blown IDE on server just to access the connector's functionality.

Pls advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can freely deploy your SAP .NET Connector-based application within your company including needed SAP .NET Connector DLLs.

This means that you need to ship your app with

- SAP.Connector.DLL

- SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL

- LIBRFC32.DLL

in your application's folder.

Or you install the two .NET assemblies on the target machine's GAC (global assembly cache) and LIBRFC32.DLL into System32.

The effect of setting "Copy to Local" has the effect that the SAP assemblies are copied in your target dir. But note that this option can cause strange troubles in Design Time.

Please also note that you cannot distribute SAP DLLs outside of your company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

What does the SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL do? I currently have a web app in production but i don't have that file in the /bin folder yet everything works.

Thanks

H

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP .NET Connector 1.x runtime consists of one .NET assembly "SAP.Connector.DLL" (plus LIBRFC32.DLL). In version 2.0, it was split into two assemblies: The main API's and Soap support is still in SAP.Connector.DLL. The RFC protocoll including unsafe/interop code is moved to SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL. To compile you normally only need to reference SAP.Connector. At runtime you also need SAP.Connector.Rfc, if you use RFC protocol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense. Thanks.

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answering my own question if anyone else is interested.

I have resolved this by setting the Copy Local property against each of the SAP Connector references to True.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On your production/live server, you would need SAP.Connector.dll in your /bin folder and also make sure librfc32.dll is in your /winnt/system32/ folder.

That's the basics you need to run a SAP .NET Co 2.0 web app in production.