cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TreeByNestingColumn on a non-recursive context structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the TreeByNestingColumn element in my table to show categorized data. I have the following context:

CAT1 (1attr., singleton)

...CAT2 (1attr., non-singleton)

......DATA (3attr., non-singleton)

CAT1 node is filled initially and is displayed in a dropdownbyindex element. The underlying nodes are also filled with the matching data. When selecting other values for CAT1, the structure is filled with new data (both CAT2 and DATA nodes are filled).

The context is being filled correctly, but I cannot figure out how to adapt the steps in the WDtutorial to my needs. I get blank columns when attempting the mastercolumn. Correct contents when using "normal" columns (but without being able to show the categorized data).

I simply want 4 columns, where the first one has the expand/collapse functionality and a category text to show or hide the categorized data (3 columns).

Please help someone!

Best Regards,

Hans Petter Bjørn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans,

To use TreeByNestingColumn you must have recursive node.

1. Create a separate ALL_CATS node with attributes from all levels merged. It will have 3 attributes for your case (one at every level seems to be the same, like "name" or "title").

2. Write a supply function for recursive node, that copies data from your original structure to recursive node.

3. If necessary (table with TreeByNesting column is editable), write code that propagates changes back from recursive node to original structure.

4. Now you can use Table with TreeByNastingTable column. Table datasource must be nee recursive node, all editors should refer attributes from recursive node.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and thanks for the responses. We've decided to alter the approach for the application, leaving the user with an additional dropdownbox in the top. Since recursion is required, and the data isn't, there is no point presenting the data as if they were.

Thanks for the pointers. I will note them down.

.: HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please paste your

a) wdDoModify code for the view

b) Indicate which node in your context is a recursive node

c) Paste your onLoadChildren code

d) Please highlight if you are using Component/Custom Controller

e) wdDoInit for your view

Regards,

Subramanian V.