Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize CPACache Service!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Our defaultTrace.trc gets flooded with entries like the following:

Unable to initialize CPACache Service! Reason : CPA Cache already initialized: DIRECTORY

Usually we get 3 entries per second with this error message. The source for these messages is

com.sap.aii.af.protocol.ispeak.impl.cpafacade.CPACacheLookupManager

Does anybody know the cause for this?

Any hints are appreciated!

Thanks,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger Brudermann & Raymond Tam ,

This might help you to solve the issue

In RWB component monitoring, we have the option of checking whether the cache-connectivity is functioning correctly. This is useful when we are experiencing problems when updating the runtime cache. The system displays a separate window in which we perform the test. If no previous tests have been performed, the system displays a corresponding message. Otherwise, the system shows when and by whom the last test run was started, together with the result of this test.

• To start a new test run, choose Start Test.

The system displays the first results of the test run. Since the whole test takes some time, we can update the displayed results if necessary.

• To Update the displayed results, choose Refresh Display.

The overall result for each component is displayed as a green, yellow, red, or gray symbol. A green symbol is only displayed if both update steps for the runtime cache were successful, that is, they both have a green symbol.

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, the Cache Connectivity Test is in Red as well. I noticed that after I restart the J2EE, everything is green, but after about 30 min, the errors in the trace file start appearing again.

"Unable to initialize CPACache Service! Reason : CPA Cache already initialized: DIRECTORY"

At this point, the Cache Connectivity Test becomes Red again. I have checked on the backend Cache notifications in the ID and IR, all are functioning normally. I do not see any errors.

Does anyone have any ideas?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond Tam ,

Try this Raymond Tam I hope this will solve the issue Many actions require to access System Landscape Directory content from the Integration Builder. To optimize performance, this content is loaded into a cache so that the System Landscape Directory does not have to be accessed directly each time that System Landscape Directory content is required.

However, this cache is not automatically updated if changes are made to the content of the System Landscape Directory. For this reason, SAP recommends that we delete the System Landscape Directory cache if changes have been made to content in the System Landscape Directory. The cache is then filled each time that the System Landscape Directory is accessed. If we log on to the Integration Builder after we have made a change in the SLD, we do not need to delete the SLD cache.

To clear the SLD cache, from the Integration Builder main menu, choose Environment ® Delete Cache for SLD Data.

Once we have deleted the cache for SLD data, accessing objects in the SLD may take longer than usual initially.

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the exact same entires in my defaultTrace as well. Does anyone have any ideas?