cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication between SAP Unicode ERP to non-Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed SAP ERP2005 and I am trying to communicate via external RFC to a Russian system sending iDocs.

The 3rd party application uses:

KOI8-R is an 8-bit character encoding, designed to cover Russian, which uses the Cyrillic alphabet. It also happens to cover Bulgarian. A derivative encoding is KOI8-U, which adds Ukrainian characters.

KOI8 remains much more commonly used than ISO 8859-5, which never really caught on. Another common Cyrillic character encoding is Windows-1251. In the future, both may eventually give way to Unicode.

In SAP the Unicode codepage for Russia is 4103 and in SM59 I can set it to MDMP/Unicode communiation to non-Unicode system.

How can I setup that from SAP ERP2005 Unicode system is sending iDocs to a non-unicode system with character encoding KOI8-R?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The Conversion code page for SAP Unicode – external non-Unicode is derived from logon Language of the RFC destination for the IDOC adapter.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am aware according to note search that the codepage depends on logon language. Nevertheless, I am trying to find information into character encoding.

The iDoc is sent to a non SAP system. My colleagues will be upgrading their SAP landscape and perform an Unicode conversation. Unfortunately, there is an application used, which is not based on Unicode.

Best Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Can you please explain more what you mean by "find information into character encoding"? What details are you looking for? At TechEd last week I was the speaker for a session on Unicode interfaces. Perhaps I can help you out if you can elaborate on what information exactly you need.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

We are planning an Upgrade from SAP/R3 4.6C to MySAP ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0) and We need to convert the Data Base from Non-Unicode to Unicode, but in this moment we have the TCP/IP RFC Connections with external systems Non-SAP and Oracle 9i, because we transfer the Data into the systems (Interfases).

The data base is Oracle 9.2.0.6 in this moment for SAP/R3 and if we made an upgrade from SAP/R3 to ECC 6.0 the Data base will be Oracle 10G.

The questions is: We have any problem to transfer the data from SAP-Unicode to External Systems Non-Unicode and if the Data Base is oracle 10G and the external system is Oracle 9i?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Nancy M.