cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 5.0 with PI 7.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any one has installed SCM 5.0 with PI 7.0? SAP claims that both SCM and PI cannot co-exist but SAPINST allows to install PI usage type with SCM.

Any one if experiencing any specific issues if worked with SCM 5.0 and PI please respond. As far as the installation is concerned, it was smooth and everything works fine except some minor business scenario configuration issues where we are doing integration of BAAN with SCM ICH and using PI interface for RFC and FILE adapters.

====================================================

Hi,

Is it mandatory to have both the SCM 5.0 and PI 7.0 usage type to be seperate. As far as the installation guide is concerned, "SAP SCM 5.0 SR1 ABAP+Java on AIX :Oracle" there is no specific mentioning of seperating them instead there is a seperate post installation procedure given and in that case both can co exist.

As far as the master guide is concerned,

SCM 5.0 never talks about PI to be seperate installation and installer allows us to install both SCM and PI.

Netweaver 04s Master Guide:

"PI requires AS ABAP and AS Java as prerequisites in the same system. Optionally, it can be combined with other usage types in one system."

which means it can go with other usage types.

More over the installer allows to go a head with the installation. Please look at the screen shots and suggest so that we can proceed with seperating both SCM and PI.

Please call me if you feel that you can make any specific recommendation.

Regards,

Rajkumar

Hi

As per the Data-Information provided in Data administration of this system , We have installed SCM5.0 & PI 7.0 under one SID & Client Successfully. using SAPINST Tool ,As per the Installation Guide NW2004S.

As it was not explicity mentioned any where in the installation guide ,that SCM5.0 & PI to be installed seperately on different SIDS ,different

Database & Different Hosts.

Would like SAP's confirmation ,if SCM 5.0 & XI 7.0 has to be Re-installed on different Instance Having different SIDS and seperate Hosts.on different Database

Would like your Help & Reply on the same & Confirm to our Management , as we have to re-think our Installation strategy & RE-Install our Development system ,which has delayed this project .

Awaiting your confirmation - Thanks

15.09.2006 - 05:32:45 CET SAP Reply

Dear Customer,

We recommend XI use a dedicated System. Regards, Xin

15.09.2006 - 05:32:42 CET SAP Call to Customer

Customer Call

Performed on 14.09.2006 20:32:24

Contact person Mr. Sunil Pendse

Status of discussion:

Customer reached

Subject of conversation:

XI needs a system along. For production, we recommend XI uses entire

server.

15.09.2006 - 05:24:12 CET Sunil Pendse Info for SAP

Thanks

Sunil

15.09.2006 - 04:47:30 CET SAP Reply

Dear customer,

I tried to ring you, but number does not seem not correct.

We do NOT recomment PI installed with other usage. Please allocated PI

a dedicated system.

For more information, please see master guide P26.

Regards, Xin

Message was edited by: Rajkumar Gentyala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know there will not be any issues since they only share the application resources where as database is the same. The important factor is I am having good HW and I can as well put multiple application servers. Assume I have 2 hardwares and that hardware can be partitioned. If I have 8cpu's and 16GB of RAM. I can use 4cpu's and 8GB ram for CI and DB and the other for 2 apps. This way performance can be enhanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think technically it is possible but it is not recommended because two applications might compete for the same hardware resources. In this case, the performance of XI can't be guaranteed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI and SCM ICH combination is possible in NW2004s systems and it is most preferred way of utilizing the HW and Application resources.

Though it is not recommended, if you know the exact estimated load, by putting multiple application servers you can get better perfromance.