cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Variants in PDP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 5.0, we have the following three different variants in Plan-Driven Procurement(PDP) Business Scenario:

<i>

Plan-Driven Procurement(Standalone)

Plan-Driven Procurement with Plant Maintenance

Plan-Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration</i>

Can anybody, please, differentiate between these scenario variants.

Thanks and Regards,

Mustajab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Plan-Driven Procurement (standalone)

Purpose

You can use this business scenario to procure requirements that have been generated in systems other than mySAP Supplier Relationship Management (external systems). If necessary, you can connect multiple vendor systems to your procurement system. Because this business scenario relies heavily on electronic data interchange, you require an installation of SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI).

Plan-Driven Procurement with Plant Maintenance

Purpose

You can use this business scenario to procure requirements that have been generated in systems other than mySAP Supplier Relationship Management(external systems). By integrating the SRM system with planning, design, and maintenance systems, you can accelerate your procurement and integrate the operational procurement with your Supply Chain Management solution. The business scenario supports the special procurement form third-party order processing. Here the product goes directly from the vendor to the customer of the purchasing company. The purchase order to the vendor contains the necessary information for this

Plan-Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration

Purpose

You can use this business scenario to procure direct materials with SAP Materials Management (SAP MM) and, at the same time, to integrate your suppliers into this process. If necessary, you can connect multiple vendor systems to your procurement system. Because this business scenario relies heavily on electronic data interchange, you require an installation of SAP Exchange

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

I couldn't really understand the diff. between these variants.

I am really guessing whether the variants are based on thier integration with the different backend system or where the follow-on docs. are creted or something else.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Mustajab

Answers (0)