cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Solution Manager 4.0 on the same server of NWs BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed NW 2004s SR1 BI server with AS-ABAP,AS-JAVA,BI-JAVA & EP running in the system. We are looking to install one more Solution Manager 4.0 on the same unix server.

1. What issues if we install Solution Manager in same sever?

2. Is it feasible to have two products with AS-JAVA.?

3. is it possible share present JAVA engine for Solution Manager?

appreciate your help and suggestion.

Thanks,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Indeed you must check that there is enough memory in this server to make sure that your system will perform. The Solman 4.0 has a Java stack as well and this will consume some extra memory, keep that in mind.

Furthermore I don't believe it should be a problem to install two products with AS-JAVA on one physical machine but please check this in the marketplace.

It might be technically possible perhaps to share the AS-JAVA of your BI-system but I would not recommend that. I believe the SAP-way is to install a seperate AS-JAVA for your solution manager.

to check these kind of questions please visit the marketplace and look for the /instguides shortcut a.o.

Best regards,

Joris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

you have been installed NW2004s BI with multiplace stack in your system.

Does your system has enough resources to install SM4 on same box ?

Even the SAP does not recommend to install IDES & SM4 on same box, technically is possible to install multiplae SAP installation on same box.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can install the central instance on a diffferent system and install the database instace on the BI server , if your server has enough hardware resources there should be no impact of two WAS Java running on same machine