cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use my own Icons for display in Tree UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen a few samples of the use of the Tree UI element but images being used for this element are typically referenced like so:

rootFolderContentElement.setIconSource("~sapicons/s_clofol.gif");

I have no clue where the ~sapicons/ location is? I'm assuming it is located somewhere locally on my box as I'm running the web as local. I have not found this location. So I have 2 questions.

1) Where is this location so that I can view the SAP Icons and possibly use what is already there.

2) Can I create my own icons and place them in this location or perhaps place them somewhere else? If so how can i link them for my Tree UI?

Hope this is clear. I'm very new to SAP/Web Dynpro and Java. (.net developer mostly)

Thx,

julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian

you can also save whichever icons you want to use in your DC/project's 'src -> mimes -> Components ' folder

and while setting the icon source attribute or UI's property , you need to say just "<name>.gif"

Try this. I think by this way, you can make any gif as your icon

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the gif file in my components folder as suggested below. It did not work unfortunately.

I do see the gif located beneath the components folder when i switch to Navigator view in the NWDS.

I dropped the file here:

C:\Library\SAP Resources\UI Treeviews\12TutWD_Tree(Solution)\TutWD_Tree\src\mimes\Components\plus.gif

I did locate the sapicons directory and drop the file there and that worked out ok.

Thx for both responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the "Navigator" view in Eclipse and drag the images from the Windows Explorer into the Eclipse folder src/mimes/components/<name-of-component>.

Don't put application specific resources into the sapicons folder.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works fine now thanks guys.

Message was edited by: Julian Kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in "Navigator" view in Eclipse , I do not see my component-name in this directory...src/mimes/components though. My DC is not local DC.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was answered sufficiently

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

1) In my case it is <i>C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\sap.com\tcwddispwda\global\sapIcons</i>

2) You know the location now, so answer is - try!

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.