cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred: Secure Store lib Dir does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using standard java stack NW2004s with maxdb for quite some time now and this morning jcontrol.exe stopped working. It does not start anymore. This is the error that we get in the log files.

SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

Secure Store lib Dir does not exist
rock\sapmnt\J2E\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

The database is running and the directory does exist. Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaiwalter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got the same problem and the UNCs mentioned by Praveen are working. Has anybody some other advise?

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to do with your Windows XP/policy information. Have a look at your Server Service in Administrative Tools>Services. If this is turned off then the share
pcname
sapmnt\ will not exist. Some companies however disable the Server service on Windows XP machines. You will have to perform my previously mentioned work around then if your service is disabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent!! My Server service was paused somehow and after starting it the J2EE is re-started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can i ask u what do you mean by this server service as iam facing this problem? Do u mean SAP SID services in services.msc or soomething else ? Kindly revert back and also revert on how to start this service ? Points guaranteed .

Regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem was solved by editing bootstrap.properties and changing the location of the libraries. I changed this line
rock\sapmnt\J2E\SYS\global\security\lib\tools

to C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global\security\lib and it worked. We still do not have an idea how this changed over night.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the shared direcories sapmnt and saploc exist and are accessable from windows run.

rock\sapmnt\

rock\saploc\

It's not advisable to change bootstrap.properties file.

Regards

Praveen