cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM: many confirmation for PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM, I'd like to insert a confirmation for a "una tantum services" purchase order.

Unluckly, SRM allows me to insert many confirmations, exceeding total quantity, even if all PO's quantities are approved.

For example:

Purch.order quantity : 3 pieces

First confirmation:3 pieces (confirmation not approved)

Second confirmation: 2 pieces (inserted later and in not approved)

The second one is saved on system, but if the first is approved before, when the approver gives the ok the second, the confirmation goes in transfer error (quantity too high - tolerance limit ).

I know this is a process error. Also, we know there's a flag on PO's position that finalizes confirmation (last confirmation check box)

But, does anyone know how prevent situation without activation of check-box flag? Are there any OSS note solving the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish,thank you for your help.

I know SRM doesn't allow you to confirm more qty than the ordered qty.

My problem is that if i confirm a parzial quantity and the GR goes in approval status, i can insert GR for quantity exceeding the total quantity of order.

the second GR goes in transmission error after its approvation.

ex. PO quantity 5

first GR quantity 4

second GR quantity 3 (4+3 > 5!!!!)

After first approvation, nothing happens until the second GR will be approved. The GR goes in trasmission error for quantity exceeded.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valem

As per my knowledge I dont think there is any config to check the GR quantity while the other is in approval. Because unless approval is done confirmation will not take place. SRM transfer the GR confirmation data to R/3 through IDoc.

Check For the 1st GR(partial qty under approval) have you seen any entry against fields QUAN_CF_E & QUAN_CF in table BBP_PDIGP?

If those fields are updated with the 1st GR qty before approval is done then you can read those fields to develop the code to issue message to the user while confirming the next GR.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valem

Do you want multiple GR to be created even if GR qty is exceeding PO quantities?

Or

Do you want to restrict the creation of another GR confirmation if one GR is waiting for the approval?

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

i will restrict the creation of another GR confirmation if they exceed the amount.

Regards

Valem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valem

As per standard SRM functionality, you can only do GR confirmation for less than or equal to PO qty.

If you want to perform GR with your own tolerances then you need to maintain Tolerance groups and Tolerance Keys in SRM SPRO, which will be considered while GR confirmation.

Then assign those tolerance groups for the users in user attributes TOG in PPOMA_BBP to make those tolerances available to the users.

PS : Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish