cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted Systems, Generated RFCs & User Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All ...

When Solution Manager is correctly configured, should the SAP_SOLAR_AC role be sufficient to enable Configuration activities in external systems (ECC 6.0, for example), or do I also need to configure User Authorizations in the ECC 6.0 system?

It was my understanding that once the Trust Relationships have been set up between Solution Manager and ECC 6.0, the SAP_SOLAR_AC Role would enable the Solution Manager User to link to ECC 6.0 configuration without further Roles or Authorizations.

I have successfully created all of the Systems and Logical Components in the System Landscape. I have successfully created all of the RFCs and associated User IDs for connectivity. And I have provided a few Test Users with the recommended Roles (a generated copy of SAP_SOLAR_AC).

I believe the trouble I'm having concerns Trusted Systems configuration. Transaction SMT2 shows an error with my connection to the DEV system. The error is "Error when opening an RFC connection."

Yet all of the RFC destinations check out positive.

When I log on as the User ID with the Application Consultant Role, I am prompted for a password. When I set the SM_DEVCLNT400_LOGIN RFC connection to "Trusted System," I instead get a connection error suggesting the absense of authorizations.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely ...

Stephen G. McDowell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

In essence, I am having trouble understanding what the RFC destinations should look like in both systems (assuming I want bidirectional trusted connections).

Qs:

1. Do I need to maintain a user/password in the RFC destination (that is used to generated the trusted RFC connection?)

2. Must the 'trusted connection' be on for the original RFC destination (that is used to generate the trusted RFC connection?)

What would be really helpful is if you have some screenshots of what they look like in your system, then I could get a visual of what you mean?

Thanks.

JP

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sent!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Most recently, I had resolved SMT2 error "Error when opening an RFC connection." for a client. In SM59, under RFC connections, there should be a RFC destination like TRUSTING_SYSTEM@<SID>, test this connection. If it fails, it must be because of the missing sapms<SID>, port number in the service file of SOL MAN server. Add this and reboot the box. Once you log back, you should not see the above error.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What should the port number be for the satellite systems:

For example:

sapmsSM1 3600

sapmsDEV ????

sapmsTST ????

sapmsPRD ????

Do you have any documentation on setting up trusted systems?

Thanks for your help.

JP

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Please check the following notes:

204039 Authorization check in trusted s

128447 Trusted/Trusting Systems

When you create the RFC connection from solman to satellite system in SMSY you need that user in satellite system has these minimun authorization profiles:

- S_RFC

- S_RFCACL

- S_TCODE

- S_USER_GRP

Hope this helps,

Dolores

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

Do you remember this post?! lol sorry man... because I saw it and I must solve one thing which are related to this trusted RFC.

Generally when I setup the SMSY with group of systems in solution manager, you know that requires a RFC generated... the trusted RFC is the only conection of those in which isn´t created a specific user!! (For instance in SOLMANSSM the system creates that own specific users for that RFC´s)

So my question is why the solution manager don´t create an user for the trusted RFC (SM_SSMCLNT100_TRUSTED) like others RFC´s? This is a problem, because when a costumer not want to pay for a user with sap_all / sap_new on production system for that and other function/services assigned! Regularly it´s that way that I connect both systems it that RFC trusted!!

Help me please,

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores Correa,

First I must appologies you because in last reply I call "he" and not "she" 😛 I´m from Portugal we´re neighbors, you´re from Spain and I didn´t realise through your name you are a woman and not a man... I was noddy :- / sorry

I want to ask you other thing which is associate to my last message and your message when you said which require authorization object are need on satellite system user in RFC Trusted... You said this:

- S_RFC

- S_RFCACL

- S_TCODE

- S_USER_GRP

My question is where do you search that information? I ask this because I don´t see that information neither in sap help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/042671488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

... and in that snotes that you recommend (204039 ; 128447).

I see in this post some guys talk about this and they not mentioned that too:

What I see is only S_RFC and S_RFCACL authorization objects!!

So can you support your statement!? I need to know this because I have one problem in this specific RFC :-(... and the solution I thing it is this!!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal