Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload PDF Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java stack 7.0 sp6

Adobe LiveCycle Designer = 6.0

Adobe Reader = 7.0.8

Hi, we have a requirement that user can upload prefilled pdf forms and submit it to send the data in Backend.Able to get the upload thing working , but its not able to associate the file with the PDF reader and asking to choose program to open it. When adobe reader is selected to open it is opening in new instance of pdf and the file name is "Unknown". How i can get this open in same application window, with no prompting to choose program.

Please advice

Thanks

Mohid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To display your PDF in your WDJ application, you need to build a new view with embedded PDF (UI element Interactive Form).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Actually i did that all already.

I have a AfterUploadView where i have UI Element Interactive Form.In my upload view i am setting the PdfSource for AfterUploadView.PDF is getting uploaded and trying to open in AfterUploadView but its trying to open file name "Unknown" which is not having .pdf extension and that why its asking to choose programm and after choosing pdf reader to open, its opening as new instance and not in the AfterUploadView. Any Thoughts.

Regards

Mohid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a button linked to a plug to the view containing the IF UI element ?

Do they PDF forms display correctly in other applications ? If yes, there should be some mistake in your AfterUploadView...

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohid,

I need to upload prefilled the document into the WD UI and the send it as an email.

If you could provide me the code that uploads the PDF document into the WebDynpro UI, it help me achieve atleast the first half of teh requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Here are the corresponding tutorials:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/offline%...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/offline%...

You certainly can mix the two tutorials to have one fully interactive scenario.

Regards,