cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Procurement by Classic Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM Server 5.5 as an add-on component to ECC 6.0. Only Classic deployment is in our scope.

Can anybody clarify me if we can procure Stock Material by Classic deployment of SRM?

While creating SC, when I click on 'Order as Direct Material' system is unable to determine the Purchasing Group and Org. So its unable to get replicated into R/3.

Thanks

Debashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It is possible to post the SC with direct material to stocks. Direct material in SRM can be considered as equivalent to Stock Material in ERP MM. However, even for a classic case, if you order a material for direct procurement, the PO created is an extended classic one. That means that you cannot edit that PO in ERP. However, follow-on GR and IV can be done in ERP and it will reflect in plant stocks.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Madhur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashish

Did you maintain the proper mapping of Purchase Org , Purchase group, Plant, Co. code?

To order stockable material it should be a product master material in SRM which is replicated from R/3.

Then you need to click "Order as Direct Material" button.

Are you getting any error message while creating SC?

PS : Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have maintained the structure correctly. I'm able to create SC for the non-inventory items correctly.

But when I create a Stock SC (By pressing 'Order as Direct Material' button) system erase my purchasing group which has been derived based on Product category and Org structure. then this SC is unable to get replicated to R/3 (Its giving error message 'Buffer table not upto date'). But the reason being there is no purchasing group and purchasing Org in SC.

SAP told us that we can't use Stock Procurement in Classic scenario.

I just want to know if anybody is using Stock Procurement in Classic scenario??

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashish

It is new thing I am hearing that "We can't use Stock Procurement in Classic scenario".

Is this only for ECC6(SRM is add on in ECC6)? Because in earlier versions of SRM, many people used Stock procurement.

Please confirm.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

SAP told us that standard Classic scenario can't handle Stock procurement. For stock proc we need to have the extended classic scenario. In Extended classic we have Plan-driven procurement and we can do it there. Once again for stock procurement we need to define Local Purch grp and purch org and we need to have POs in SRM. POs in SRM is possible for Extended Classic scenario and this is not a part of Classic scenario.

SAP said that if we want to create Stock SC in SRM then we have to go for development.

Can anybody in this forum please confirm that in Classic Scenario we can't create a Stock SC (Without development)?

If you refer to OSS note 963000, it says that in ADD-ON SRM , only classic scenario is supported. If this is the case why I can see the 'Order as Direct Material' button.

Can anybody help me here??

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i try to order as direct material, i obtain this error:

The system XXXCLNTnnn of purchasing organization O nnnnnnnn is different form destination system YYYCLNTnnn .

What can i check?

Regards.

Gianfranco.