cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in Closing Main Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my Application, by clicking one Button, I have to close my Main Window. For That I am using below solution.

But I got struck, adding the interface view as a required controller (3rd Step). Moreover, when I created the exit plug in the interface view, it doesn't create any method for this. Is it ok?

Please suggest me, how to solve this.

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For closing the main window do this

1) In your Interface view, create an exit plug with a parameter Url of type string.

2) Add your Interface view controller to your current view's required controller. (in properties tab of your view)

3) After opening the new External window fire the outbound plug as :

wdThis.wdGet<your interface view controller>().wdFirePlug<your exit plug's name>("javascript:void(window.close())");

Check this for more info:

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done what it is said in the link. But when i run this application, i am getting below error.

<b>ERROR</b> - com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exit-Plug must no be triggered with an URL when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!

When i print the URL, it is giving the url correctly. but when i try to run this URL it is giving "The requested resource does not exist." i kept that file in src/Mimes only.

What could be the reason??

- Sai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't use direct javascript calls as a url. The WD framework will filter this out and you will get an invalid URL error.

Go through thread.

This is how you can add the interface view as a required controller in your view.

1. In NWDS open your view, and click the Properties tab.

2. In the Required Controllers section, click Add.

3. From the resulting dialog box select your interface view.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One problem Solved. I am able to get the html and with the URL i can able to see the page. But still i am getting below error. Any one had solved this kind of problem. I am testing it from Portal Only.

<b>ERROR : -</b>

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exit-Plug must no be triggered with an URL when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!

Regards,

Sai

former_member188498
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you found a solution to your problem with this:

Exit-Plug must no be triggered with an URL when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!

?

Regards

Ladislav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody progressed with this issue?