cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC ADAPTER SENDER ORACLE7.2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

We have to read data from an Oracle 7.2.3, but we are having problems In the inbound payload I can see that we have the data but is not building the xml properly, because the tags are empty. Someone haa experiencied this issue before?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noelia, check my weblog below. The Data Type you defined in IR should be the same as the database column name, and case-sensitive.

<a href="/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter and Tutorial for Sender JDBC Adapter</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

first I would check your SQL statement (from your communication channel) with another tool.

e.g.TOAD.

See, what the statement delivers!

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

the SQL is correct. I have checked it in Toad. I thinks this is something relative to the driver for oracle, because the jdbc adapter recover the data of the query but the info that I can see in the payload is the following:

<ns:MT_XXXXXX xmlns:ns="http://XXXX.es/xi/XXX">

<row>

<b><></b>123<b></></b>

<b><></b>PEPITO<b></></b>

<b><></b>01/01/2006<b></></b>

</row>

</ns:MT_XXXXXX>

And thats drive me to think that this is an issue with the driver, but Im not sure.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Regards

Noelia

Message was edited by: Noelia Fernandez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the field names you have given in the select query matches the datatype you created ... this might be the issue.

It is not the driver issue as you were able to connect to the database and retrive the data.

let me know if this solves your problem.

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shree,

This is not about the field names. I have used the same Table, same data type .... to connect to another Oracle database wich is an Oracle 9i, and it works find. The problems are in a Oracle 7.2.3.

Thanks for your help.

Ragards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

Then I am 100% sure that it is a JDBC driver issue. You may be having the JDBC drivers for 9i. If you can, unistall the

9i drivers and install 7.2.3 drivers. I can't think of another solution.

Good luck,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have confirmation from sap that the oracle 7 is not supported. Then I´m going to use a java prgm to extract the info in a XML and publish it as web service.

Many thanks to all for your help!

regards

Noelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

Nice to hear your problem was solved atlast.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.