cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages waiting indefinetely in queue -- how to purge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have around 900 messages in the outbound queue waiting in the past 2 days .

Is there any way to purge sceduled messages in the Queue (SMQ1,SMQ2)?

My messages are indefinetely growing in the message queue without processing. I understand I need to configure a background job for that.

Which transaction code should i use to schedule Backgound job for Messages ( not BPM) ?

Is there any way I can purge these messages from the queue before they get processed by XI?

if yes please let me know the way.

Because of this a scenario I run today is scheduled in the queue after 3 days and my receiver is unable to get the message.

Regards,

Meher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meher,

This blog should answer most of your questions,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

The blog helped me very much.

Still I am lost some where.

I have scheduled a job from the transaction code :SWEQADM

I configured event queues and Back ground job but not event linkages .

Should I have to configure these event queues?

I have no clue on where to proceed.

To put simply how can process my long waiting messages in the queue by the adapter engine.

Thanks,

Meher

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meher,

In SXMB_MONI, go to the Queue Id and double click on the Queue. Delete the entry in the queue by double clicking on the messages and / or restart the message stuck in the Queue.

After that the other messages in the queue will get processed. Just make sure that QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED is set to 1 in SXMB_ADM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is a Productive environment, NEVER delete messages from the relevant RFC queue - Basis would probably have a few things to say if you did this - the message and with it the data it was meant to process is lost.

When you go into the queue, highlight the "stuck" message and click <EXECUTE> button to reprocess.

Is the status of the top message set to <RETRY> of your problem queues ? If so, this method will work.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks All for helping me.

Initiated a search for all the messages waiting on all the Queues.

Status of all the messages shows : <b>To Be Delivered</b>

Messages were processed successfully till some date. we have a system down after that.

From then on messages are not being processed.

Am I missing in the job configuration for the Queues.

Queue status is displayed as Ready ( no errors)

Regards,

Meher

This is not a production environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meher

Have you got any solutions for this problem? I have the same problem. 50 messages are stuck in queue with status 'Ready', I am searching for a report which I can set in backgroud to release this queue.

Thanks

K