cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming of Dataviews in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus:

I have a very basic question. I have 2 planning books...one called Hospital Marketing and one called Out Patient Marketing. Am I allowed to have the same name for a dataview in each one of them. For instance, I have a Dataview called Forecast under the PB Hospital Marketing and a dataview called Forecast under the PB Out Patient Marketing. APO let me use the same name, but I'm finding some strange happenings in my macros which are stored in the Dataviews and I'm wondering if it is because I used the same name. I'm not talking about the Description here, but the actual name of the Dataview.

Must the Dataview names be unique in a Planning Area?

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

I agress. YOu should be able to name a data view the same as other ones

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

There is no restriction on using same name for data view associated with different planning books. APO uses technical UIDs to represent these objects internally.

If it is hard to find out the root cause for your macro problem, you can debug the macro calculation either by setting breakpoing on or using command "ADVA" in the macro builder.

1. Setting Breakpoint on: Select the troublesome macro and right click on it to get the context menu. From which, you can select the breakpoint on/off option. This will allow you to see the data in a pop up for each time bucket in the planning book.

2. Command "ADVA": Enter 'ADVA' in the command field of the macro book screen. This allows you to access the system generated macro book ABAP program, where you or your ABAPer can set the breakpoints and debug the processing.

I hope this information is useful to fix your issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh