Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to view Program Variants without SE38?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My users wanted SE38 to view source code. I told them to use remote compare from Dev. Now they request SE38 to view program variants, that they create directly in PRD (i.e., not transported). Is there a way to view these without SE38/SA38/SE80?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little known gemstone is transaction VARCH, but it is not "just" view access unless you have protected the access to the variants.

If you search for VARCH then you will find your options.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 9, 2012 10:03 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little known gemstone is transaction VARCH, but it is not "just" view access unless you have protected the access to the variants.

If you search for VARCH then you will find your options.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 9, 2012 10:03 PM

0 Kudos

Your answer led me to VARD, which is exactly what I hoped for.  Thanks Julius!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked both VARCH anc VARD. From those two T-codes, it's allowing me to change the variant.

Once am 'in', i can modify in VARD too. No Authorization object found which can restrict from modifying the values. May a screen variant will help to grey-out the "values" ...

Regards,

Srihari

0 Kudos

same here.  fortunately my users want to change variants too, and I don't mind if they have that ability.  VARD and VARCH don't seem to have auth checks to control maintenance.