cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify Risk Analysis done for CUP request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on GRC 5.3 SP 13.

Is there a way to verify whether a Risk Analysis was performed during a stage for a CUP request?

We have a CUP request that should have generated a SOD Risk when it was processed. However the closed request shows no risk or mitigations on it. The approvers say they ran a Risk Analysis, and the workflow stage does have that set as mandatory. Also, you do get SODs if you run a User Analysis for this userid in RAR directly, so it looks like the request should have had them also.

Is there any way to verify whether a Risk Analysis was actually performed in the CUP request workflow stage?

At this point I don't know if this is a problem with the CUP Risk Analysis, or if the user just didn't run one and the system let that slip thru somehow.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I bellieve you can log into RAR>RAR Debugger>View Server Log>You can search on Analysis. If your are getting any errors they will also show up here.

Example:

INFO: Foreground : Analysis starts:

Mar 9, 2012 3:44:23 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.meng.ObjAuthMatcher <init>

FINEST: ObjAuthMatcher constructed: 0ms, #singles=11, #ranges=0, #super=0

Mar 9, 2012 3:44:23 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Foreground : Analysis done: 55550000 elapsed time: 49 ms

Mar 9, 2012 3:44:23 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Foreground : 1 out of 1 (100%) done

INFO: Foreground : All Analysis done, elapsed time: 64 ms , memory usage: free=782M, total=2048M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob!

I think that this information could be present in config. tab ->Monitoring -> system log.

I'm not sure... but I guess that if you configure the log level in "Miscellaneous Configuration" to Information or DEBUG you should be able to check if the risk analysis was performed or not. The point is, if the log level is set to ERROR the information was already lost. You have to try with a new request in that case.

I recommend you to check the note 1168508 for know errors... maybe you find some error related to your issue corrected in newer SPs.

Cheers,

Diego.