Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP - Archiving -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please give some points on this..

GRC CUP - Archiving - We have not performed any archiving activities in GRC CUP.

Please give me an explanation of when / how we should perform archiving. . Do we need to do it and if so, how/when?

What happens to the data? Can we still report from it?

Please help out..

Thanks and Regards,

S. Nagaraju,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

When you think you have too many requests in the system and you may not be frequently accessing the old requests you can archive them. This will improve search performance also. You can always view the old requests after archiving. You have this option in the search request screen.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arjesh.. Do you have any docs regarding this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to the configuration guide of the GRC in Service Market Place.

Service market Place >Installation & Upgrade Guides>SAP Business Objects-->GRC

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naga,

The official documentation in the config guide is really poor:

"Archive

Archiving Requests is a way to view only the current periodu2019s requests during normal viewing.

All requests for access are stored in the Compliant User Provisioning database. The system

closes the requests after they are approved or rejected. The Archiving Requests functionality

helps you archive the closed requests. The archived requests remain in the database but are

not visible when the users run searches or reports.

1. On the Configuration tab, navigate to Archiving Requests.

2. The Last Archived Date field displays the current date, indicating when the records

are archived.

3. From the Date From dropdown list, select the oldest date of the closed records you

want to archive.

4. From the Date To dropdown list, select the most current date of the closed records

you want to archive.

5. You can search the archive records by enabling the Archive Request flag when

performing the search. The Archive Request flag is located on the Search Requests

and Search Audit Trail screens, as well as on the Informer Reports.

"

The problem is that GRC doesn't offer a good solution for archiving request (as per my knowledge)....

The archiving option is just a way to hide the request in the searchs. If you want to do a real archiving you have to download the request one by one. Anyone knows a better option??

If you aren't facing performance issues or if you don't really need to reduce the database size, I think that is advisable to keep the requests in the system... I'd like to hear other thoughts regarding this point...

GRC should offer an archiving option for requests and the possibility to re-load from archive...

Cheers,

Diego.