cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A valid time buckets profile has not been chosen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SNP heuristics is unable to plan after 31st Dec 2013 in horizon, if I give plaaning horizon upto 31 Dec its running fine, if I give after 31dec 2013 as planning horizon in days while running heuristics run, its giving error as " A valid time buckets profile has not been chosen". This isue is with only few products.

I check factory calender, its valid till Dec 2014

Thanks

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor

Hi Kishore,

If I just go based on your error, then you should be checking the time bucket profile for the planning view in which you are running the Heuristics (and not the factory calendar).

Check till what date is your planning view defined. I guess it's ending on 31st Dec 2013.

You could check this in /sapapo/sdp8b, give the planning book name, click on edit.

Come to 'data view' tab, and select your data view in which you run teh heuristics. Hope you won't see a value in "planning start" field. Check the value in the field "TB Profile ID (future)".

Now, go to transaction /SAPAPO/TR30. Give the time bucket profile that was maintained for future, and press enter.

In the screen that comes up, click on "period list" to see what periods are maintained for your planning view.

I guess your periods would end by 31st Dec, 2013, and in this case you need to increase the time bucket profile beyond 31st Dec, 2013 if you want to plan using Heuristics beyond this date.

Hope this shoudl help.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Time bucket is already extended till April 2014 and this error is for only few products, remaining products are running fine.

Hi Ada,

what should I check in my PDS, heuristics is running fine if I give planning horizon till 31st Dec 2013, issue is only when I run heuristics beyond 31st Dec 2013

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is because of time streams not extended.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the products that have this issue, please check the PPM/PDS that used in SNP.

For SNP, only bucket resource can be used. Please check whether you're using non-bucket-resource in the PPM/PDSs.

Best Regards,

Ada