Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Procurement

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in SRM 7 EHP 1 with ECC 6 EHP 5. I read that now service procurement is now divided into 2:

1. Service Procurement Classic

2. Service Procurement External Staffing

After reading this documentation, I'm a bit confuse. I come from background of ECC, actually service procurement process is simple:

1. Create PR with service hierarchy,

2. Create RFQ,

3. Create PO

4. Create Service Entry

But reading the documentation, I got understanding that service procurement classic only work for classic scenario. We are now leaning to Extended classic scenario, and we plan to use Plan Driven Procurement scenario. So if using this configuration, can't I have this scenario in context of extended classic?:

1. Create PR with service hierarchy,

2. Pass the PR to SRM as SC,

3. Create RFx in SRM,

4. Create PO with service hiearchy,

5. After PO approved in SRM, it is replicated to ECC,

6. Create confirmation in SRM

I got my friend working in SRM 7 with ECC 6.0 and he said that this is working, even the PO have the service hiearchy (he is not using XI/PI though). So I wonder what is the fuss about service procurement classic and that it only work in classic. Do I miss something ini here?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ranjan,

what u mean by service hierarchy is like this:

pr has one line item and inbelow the line item it has 2 service line: service a and service b, this is what it called by hierarchy rite? so if we pass it to srm as sc in extended classic scenario what will be the sc looks like? is it goig to be 2 line item?

actually im in the middle of discussing the pros and cons for technical scenario. you said that youre using classic scenario, so how do you handle direct material? as per note 505030 sap said that external requirement with directmaterial is not supported in classic, how do you treat pr stock coming from ecc?

best regards,

john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

I am not sure about your fren though. I am working on SRM 7.01 implemenation for service procurement classic scenario.

As far as I know, till SRM 7.02, SAP does not support service hierarchy in local purchase order.

So, the system will not support you to create purchase order in SRM with service hierarchy.

We have followed below scenario in our case:

1. Create PR manually or automatically with service hierarchy in MM system

2. Pass the PR to SRM as SC,

3. Create RFx in SRM,

4. After the awarding of the RFx, the system will create a PO or contract as specified in the RFx.

Note: In case of purchase order, the system will create a purchase order in the backend system. In case of a contract, the default system behaviour is to create a contract locally within the SRM system. From SRM 7.01, SRM supports hierarchy in the srm contract. One can also create contract directly in the backend system from the RFx awarding. You need to use BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS for that.

In our case, we are going for local contract in the SRM. The contract will be distributed to the backend system.

Service procurement external staffing is for temporary labour procurement and the scenario is restricted for SRM-SUS environment.

If you have strong backend system for service procurement, I suggest you to go for service procurement classic scneario with MM-SUS scenario.

I hope, it helps you.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Are u using SRM 7.02 ?

We are using PPS SRM 7.02, Extended Classic Scenario, so our PO will be created locally in SRM. We want to have Hierarchies in our PO.

Since we are using PPS & Extended Classic Scenario, I don't think this will work, even if we turn on the business function SRM_SERVICE_PROC_1 and Customizing Switches SRM_701_SERV_PROC_GE and SRM_701_SERV_PROC_CCM.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.