cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adopt putaway qty options

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between system behaviour if I use '_' adn '3' at the time of To confirmation?

I can't understand control through movement type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically the 'adopt put away' option can do a number of things as explained oin the pull down menu

Number 1 copies the putaway quantity as the delivered qty in to the delivery, I would only use this if the TO contained the total qty of that line in the delivery

Number 2 does the same but it also activates the post goods issue andinst the delivery, again only really good if this is the last or only TO against the delivery

Number 3 does not copy in to the delivery which as opposed to the other two is better if you have multiple TO's against the delivery

Number 4 is my preferred option because if for instance you have an Inbound delivery with 20 lines then IM will not be updated until you put away all 20 lines and subsequently Post GR against the delivery, only at this point will IM see the stock and therefor if you are waiting to create Sales Orders/Production orders against the stock you will have to wait until all of the delivery is complete

By using 4 then every tome you confirm a TO Line then that line and qty will be automatically be post goods receipted and the stock will appear in IM

This means that if you have an issue with one or two materials then at lease the rest can be seen and used as allocations to sales orders etc are not done at WM level

I have to admit that I am not 100% sure about what the option of leaving it blank means but I think it means that it will perform the confirmation and any subsequent postings based on which movement type you are using and what settings you have made in the movement type in terms of how you want the TO to perform

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frenchy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

created one scenario , but unable to differenciate

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, Frenchy may have answer to this.

Hi Frenchy, you have answered a question on this topic, recently. Could you please help?