cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading stack xml file for ehp5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My solman system is on 7.0 sp15. I want to download stack xml for to upgrade from ehp3 to ehp5.

When i tried to download from mopz i am finding a list of sar files for ehp3 support stack 09.

Also these sar files will upgrade my system to ehp5?

How can i download the stack xml file directly? anyway is there to download the stack file ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always get the XML file even not completing the Mopz transaction . Once you done generate XML file, it is available in your eps\in directory. so you can directly get the file from there.

search in eps\in

later you can get the sar file either from MOPZ or already downloaded kept in desktop or shared drive.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched EPS/in not find any xml file. What i would like to is my solman version will support download xml file directly?

A lot of sar files are added to download basket but i am not found any xml file in EPS/in.

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you defined any file path as download directory

if yes please check in the path, it should be .xml.

hope you are checking after the action "generate xml"

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where to give the download path directory and i am not find any phase generate xml?

In phase 3 download files , only i am observing confirm files in download basket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the generate xml when you use smp\sp-stacks

if you are using MOPZ, after step "select files" and continue to step "Download". The stack delta files will be exported to EPS inbox.

if not then you have issue here , check this note 1233954 - MOPZ: No XML Generated in EPS Inbox is applciable for your release

and apply all the latest corrections for MOPZ.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.. Now i am able to see xml file in EPS/in folder.

But i find lot of sar files in download basket, i have maintained two maintenance transaction one for solman upgrade files and other for ehp5 upgrade files.

Now i am using ehp5 upgrade file transaction and generated xml file in EPS.

I would like to know,

1. how to check the stack xml file for particular EHP5 upgrade? The genrated xml file contain only related the files of EHP5 upgrade or it will also include solman components in xml?

2. If generated xml is correct for my EHP5 upgrade, selected the stack for EHP3 sp 09 stack? This will upgrade to EHP5 level?

3. If my xml is correct, what are the next step i have to follow? Will xml file contain all the download data or need to download from download basket also?

Please confirm above?

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. The upgrade tools check the queue before applying the packages. The upgrade tools error logs are very informative to correct any errors. There will not be Solution Manager software components in the XML for the EHP5

2. Sorry , I cannot understand your question. Please rephrase it.

3. You have to follow the EHP upgrade guide. You don't have the tools to know if the XML is correct until you try it with the upgrade tools. SAP Support also does not check the XML. The upgrade tools check the queue before the downtime, in the prepare phase.

The EHP upgrade is a topic too extensive to get a step by step explanation here, it is best if you go through the documentation and ask particular questions.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Miguel..

2. I have created a maintenance transaction for ehp5 upgrade, To do this i have added a system in logical components under SAP ENHANCEMENT PACKAGES.

So When i go to MOPZ -> selection files

It showing files for SAP ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE 3 SUPPORTSTACK 09.

For this stack xml is generated. So i would like to know this will upgrade the system to EHP5 ?

Because i am not able to see any SAP ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE 5 SUPPORTPACKS.

Please clarify this?

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

updating EHP3 Support Packages will not upgrade to EHP5 for SAP ERP 6.0 .

Please use option Enhancement Package installation in Maintenance Optimizer .

Please let me know what is the target product versions you see there.

If your Solution Manager is not on SP23 or higher, you cannot see EHP5 for SAP ERP 6.0

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand use of ehp installation in maintenance optimizer option?

Already i have added the system in sap enhancement package.  I am seeing only SAP EHP3 product version.

Like to know, can we download the files without upgrading the solman?