Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVAC for only selected wbs

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can AVAC be activated only for selected WBS within a project.

Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

AVAC is activated for all WBS in the projects, but I think you can control which WBS check the AVAC an which does not it by user status, try to create a status profile with a user statud that have an operation not AVAC ( I don't remember well the nam of the operation) and set this status only for the WBS that you don't want to check the AVAC,

I am not sure if it is going to work, I did it to exclude it in networks and it worked,

I hope this can be useful.

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If budget is available for all WBS, generally AVAC is activated for entire project. You can control AVAC by using budget release function for individual WBS. AVAC will get activated only afterv you release budget for WBS, budget profile needs to be configured accordingly.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

You can check in WBS element master data (CJ20N) if the 'System Status' is AVAC. You could activate it to have availability control.

Regards, Gordon

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankyou for your repy Gordon and Shrikant,

I have ongoing projects in which i release the budget and then the AVAc gets activated for entire project through CJBV but for new projects the requirement is

I want to budget the entire project also release but i want that the AVAC to be active for some selected wbs and others to be deactivated as required.

Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

Yes, I have better understanding on your enquiry now. Shrikant is right, if you choose to activate the entire project ,the AVAC will be activated at whole project (including the subordinate). I am unable to know how to exclude one or part of the WBS element from AVAC. I guess you would need to 'separate' out the unwanted WBS elements from the project hierarchy first then add them when it is needed. Generally there is no standard way to exclude the one WBS element from AVAC. I am sorry.

Regards, Gordon