cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Shop on Behalf of for certain users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to give shop of behalf of access only to certain users, is there any authorization object that controls this field in the Create shopping cart screen. I have also tried to hide the field through Configure Field Control but I am not able to hide. if someone had this scenario please share your ideas. If I can hide the field through configure field control then I can create a method to control based on conditions to display or not.

Thanks in Advance

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue by enhacing the screen with custom condition based on Role

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

You can create a custom role for all users for whom the field SHOP ON BEHALF should be visible.

Then create a custom class and method and in the method write the logic to check the logged in user's roles and then accordingly change the display property for the field.

You would need to attach the custom class and method in the SPRO config under :

Extensions and Field Control (Personalization)>Configure Field Control>Configure Control for Fields on Item Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepti,

Thank you for your reply, I exactly have the same thought in my mind and tried but I am not able to control the field using the config

Extensions and Field Control (Personalization)>Configure Field Control>Configure Control for Fields on Item Level/header Level.

Let me know if you know exact field name that I need to use.

Thank you,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry te field should be at the header level.Please take help of an ABAPER to find the exact field name.

If no field is available,a more simpler way to restrict some users from using SHOP ON BEHALF functgionality:

In the ORG structure,for those users,please do not input any value to the attribute 'REQUESTER'.They will still be able to see the SHOP ON BEHALF field but wont be able to select any other user.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you could restrict the users displayed in "shop for" search help instead of hidding such field. For example, for a user who is not allowed to use shop on behalf, only own user would be displayed in search help.

You can implement the BAdI BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY with method GET_BOBUSER. This allows bypassing the SRM standard selection of the attended employees in the "Shop on Behalf" transaction. In this implementation you can implement a direct selection of the employees / users without using the organizational model (and without a validation of theses users).

This is documented in note 1095895. Even though such badi is identified as "obsolete" in SRM 7.0, it is still called in shop on behalf.

Regards,

Ricardo