Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget block only on actuals, warning on actuals+commitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a question.

Our budget controle for PS projects hapens in IM.

We need a check on budget exceeding of a project/WBS.

SAP standaard give budget checks (error or warning) on actual+commitment.

We need checks on actuals (error when actuals exceed the released budget) and warning when the actual+commitment exceed the released budget (with email).

Why we need this:

Our anual budget is released by the board (in November and only for 1 year). This budget in IM controles the anual budget.

At the other hand we have multiple year projects where the local managment approve the project (so multiple year budget).

Because we don't have future year budgets in IM (no board appovement) and we need to make future year commitments PR and/or PO, we need a budget check on actual level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if I am understanding you right but I think your requeriment it is not possible.

You can select which costs are taken in the availbility control: If the cost is precommited (PR) commited (PO) or actuals.

You can exclude cost elements from the control.

And you can configure that depending on the operation if there is a limit spend that happens a warning /error or nothing,

But I think you are requesting that depending on the 'value type' ( actual or committed) there is a warning or error but both of them has to be considered in the AVAC, --> I think it is not possible

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what we want to do.

How is this possible?

We found the decativation of the PR check, but also the PO check need to be deactivated.

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure if I got your question completely but try excluding PR and PO from budget availability control.