cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use UME authentication in custom EAR application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to create a simple DC of type Web Module with a sample JSP. I want to use the UME credentials for any user who wishes to use this application. In the web.xml file when I set Authentication method as "BASIC" I never get a login popup to enter credentials. Basically the users could just directly see the JSP I created with no logon required.

I am new to SAP Java programming and needs some help in using AS Java UME to be used for my custom application. Could anyone point me in right direction. Thanks for reading my post.

My portal server is 7.01 SP3 and I am using NWDS CE 7.1 SP14.

Cheers:)

Anx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In portalapp.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<application>

<application-config>

<property name="Vendor" value="xyz.com"/>

<property name="SecurityArea" value="xyz.Portal.MyApp"/>

<property name="SharingReference" value="com.sap.portal.ivs.connectorservice" />

</application-config>

<components>

<component name="MyAppAbstPrtComp">

<component-config>

<property name="ClassName" value="com.xyz.portal.myapp.MyAppAbstPrtComp"/>

<property name="SafetyLevel" value="medium_safety"/>

</component-config>

<component-profile/>

</component>

</components>

<services/>

</application>

In Portal > System Administration > Permissions > Security Zones (after deploy your application)... configure your app package... setting the specific Portal ROLE.

att,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

Please let me know if you were able to resolve the issue. If yes, can you please provide more details on the solution. We are having the same scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use UME action in a Java program, by set of api available. Please see the link furthermore reference

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/7d/003c41325fa831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Noel