Parameter '*.fieldFixedLengths' or '*.fieldSeparator' is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a receiver communication channel with file adapter

Here are my parameters:

Recordset Structure - Department,,Position,

Department.fieldFixedLengths 3,1,1,8,8,12,40,12,40,30,35,10,40,3,3,25,25

Department.endSeparator 'nl'

Position.fieldFixedLengths 3,1,1,8,8,10,40,10,30,3,3,5,10,10,8,30,35,10,40,3,3,25,25

Position.endSeparator 'nl'

if I change Recordset Structure to "Department,Position", it won't even try to poll the file anymore.

For last few hours I read the similiar posts here and I changed my "Content coversion parameters" in so mnay ways, no matter what I do, I keep getting the error message: Parameter '.fieldFixedLengths' or '.fieldSeparator' is missing.

I really can't figure out what I am missing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recordset Structure - Department,,Position,

Have you specified occurrences in your recordset structure e.g Department,1,Position,* will create 1 department with multiple positions?

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I did specify the structure as "Department,,Position,", also tried "Department,Position", both get the same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure why star don't show up on the post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have given Department.endSeparator 'nl',

but it is 'Seperator'. Please cross check with the spelling and try again.

And also for receiver channel no need to give the occurance for the recordset structure.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried everything, such as spaces, spellings and I am still getting exactly the same error.

In the CC monitoring:

1. If there is no error shows in the Sender CC, does it mean the Sender CC is defined correctly?

2. If errors displayed in the Receiver CC, does it mean I only have to check the Receiver CC?

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right about the sender channel - if your error is in the receiver one, then the sender seems to work fine.

Did I understand it correctly that you are using the following Recordset Structure?

Department,*,Position,*

If yes, then you also need to specify Key Field Name, as well as Department.keyFieldValue and Position.keyFieldValue attributes. This is always true when you have at least one structure with occurrence *. It is required for the conversion to know how to differentiate between the two structures. I guess that 3-characters-long fields that you have at the beginning could be some sort of a key to know which line is a Department and which is Position. Refer here if you need more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Moreover, make sure you have no unnecessary spaces in the Recordset Structure.

By the way - the asterisks * that you were trying to output were not shown because they have special meaning in the forum posts - they are used to bold some text. This is why I used the tags.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Greg. I am still getting the error message.

My Recordset Structure are with the asterisks *, so I had my Content Conversion Parameters defined as below:

Department.keyFieldName DEPT_ID

Department.keyFieldValue 10004510

Department.fieldSeparator '0x09'

Department.fieldNames

Department.fieldFixedLengths 3,1,1,8,8,12,40,12,40,30,35,10,40,3,3,25,25

Department.endSeparator 'nl'

Position.keyFieldName OBJID

Position.keyFieldValue 00000570

Position.fieldSeparator '0x09'

Position.fieldNames

Position.fieldFixedLengths 3,1,1,8,8,10,40,10,30,3,3,5,10,10,8,30,35,10,40,3,3,25,25

Position.endSeparator 'nl'

The 'fieldNames' have values, I just didn't copy them here.

I checked and made sure there are no space in the parameters and the values

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for providing the full list of your configuration parameters. I think I found the problem finally. It is caused by the Department.keyFieldName and Position.keyFieldName attributes that you are using. As far as I know, you are not allowed to use different key field names for different structures. Putting it simple, there is no keyFieldName attribute, refer here again:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Instead, you should use the Key Field Name below Recordset Structure - see point 9 in the help doc above.

Hope this solves your problem,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure that u dont have any spaces after ur content conversion parameters??

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

copy the same channel with different name and try.