cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition VPRS Purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, before all, thanks for reading my post and take your time trying to help me.

i was wondering if any of you gurus would kindly me explain what is condition VPRS used for....i read SAP help tool and it says its statistical but im not sure if then the vaule in condition VPRS have any kind of effect in the billing documents like invoice, or even why in sales order, condition tabs work for.

SO if possible, beyond an answer like SAP Tool "for statistical, internal purpose" i would love if any of you could explain me in deep the use and purpose of VPRS

THANKS A LOT AND REGARDS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, as far as i know :

the VPRS (cost) is used to compare the determined prices with the costs and to determine contribution margin accounting.

to do this, you can use the condition type VPRS as the cost price, used as a statistical value in the pricing determination procedure. the condition type VPRS accesses the valuation segment in the material master and from here, determines the standard or average price.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, it makes sense, but...about the billing documents, the moment i invoice via VF01, does the condition VPRS has any kind of effect in the customer invoice or in the calculation of any other condition?

Another question if its ok, it is possible to have a value of 0 in the VPRS field? or, it is possible to disable or delete the condition so it isnt displayed or used in the sales order, conditions tab?

THANKS AGAIN

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read OSS Note 547570 - FAQ: VPRS in pricing for clarifications.

Regards,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, that probably means sales at cost price excluding tax (the sales value is determined by the billing process)...

i would recommend to have VPRS not equal zero.

good luck!

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Valamforth,

condition VPRS normally has not any effect on price calculation of billing document, unless you build up your own pricing procedure, where the value of VPRS will be used as base value for real no-statistical conditions.

But this never happens in SAP delivered pricing procedures.

It is determined according to the rules present in SAP note [372772|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/372772], and it represents the the cost of the material you are selling.

When the billing document is released to accounting, VPRS will be taken over by CO-PA.

So I would suggest to discuss with the CO experts if you can remove it.

If you don't want VPRS, you can simply set the flag 'Determine cost' Off in transaction VOV7.

This flag is checked in pricing requirement routine 4. This routine is assigned to VPRS in SAP delivered pricing procedures.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Answers (0)