cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts on Early Watch Alerts and other BASIS Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have some basic doubts but these are very important when we discuss with client and Auditors.

please clarify below points

1)we are going to configure Early Watch Alerts, so is it free service by SAP or any charges?

2)IF we configure EWA is the report will goes to SAP directly or not? if yes how SAP will respond to us?

shell we change that direct report to SAP configuration?

3)Another basic question is which user id is used to run standard background jobs in SAP system?

is it DDIC or SAP* or any individual id? why that particular id is used?

please clarify my doubts, appreciate your help

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)we are going to configure Early Watch Alerts, so is it free service by SAP or any charges?

-- Configuring EWA for your system is part of Solution manager and it is free, if you already have solman.

2)IF we configure EWA is the report will goes to SAP directly or not? if yes how SAP will respond to us?

shell we change that direct report to SAP configuration?

-- When configuring EWA, there is an option called "Send Report to SAP" you can either enable it or disable it. SAP will not respond to you, unless you request them for Go_live service.

3)Another basic question is which user id is used to run standard background jobs in SAP system?

is it DDIC or SAP* or any individual id? why that particular id is used?

Its good to use generic dedicated user id to scheule background standard or regular jobs. Because, DDIC and SAP* suppose to be locked or not be used in the environment for security purposes.

Hope it clears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for clarifying my doubts.

but having one more doubt that is..

1)SAP will not respond to you, unless you request them for Go_live service.(am not clear on request them for Go_live service) could you please elaborate it.

2)If i create individual id then what could be the Authorization for it? SAP_ALL or do i need to create a role with batch auth?

Thanks for help,

Venkat