cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material procurement as Project stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned a Non Stock Material (N) to WBS activity ---> converted the PR (created for network) to PO --> now i want to do GR for this PO and update the material recieved as Project stock on the correspondign WBS.

I am using movement type 501Q when doing GR, and i expect that the corresponding WBS should automatically be populated or i should be able to add the WBS manually? but WBS field in MIGO screen when doing GR is greyed out?

Any pointers to address this will be helpful?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use the word Non-Stock Material, name itself is a self explanatory. That means you never have those items in warehouse.

So it is not possible to have GR for Non-Stock Items.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PSR,

Ok, scenario is that the material is available as stock item as well.

But now for one project i dont want to take material from store, but want the material to be supplied by supplier directly at project site, also i dont want to show the material supplied as directly consumed but want to show it first as WBS stock and then do GI to show consumption? how can we achieve this??

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

1) Create PO against WBS element with acc assgnmnt cat Q

2)Create GR

3)Do the goods issue for consumption.

Hope this helps.

jungleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jungleem ,

What should be the movement type to be usaed when doing GR for the Material to bring material to Project stock??

I tried using 501Q but with this system is not upodating WBS stock (checked via MMBE).

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>>

But now for one project i dont want to take material from store, but want the material to be supplied by supplier directly at project site, also i dont want to show the material supplied as directly consumed but want to show it first as WBS stock and then do GI to show consumption? how can we achieve this??

<<<<<<<

If you are intended to ship directly to site, then change procurement scenario as Drop shipment. In that case material never see the warehouse, what I mean no GR. Hope this make sense.

for other requirement, discuss with your WM guys who should have fictious GR for that material. In that case you have to use material account assignment as Q (project stock). the only thing is you are not physically bringing material into warehouse but still you have GR for that material.

Why you want to follow suck kind of routing, directly use drop ship procurement scenario which makes your life easier without any risk. By doing this you encouraging some kind of malpractices in system where users may misuse.

Any have its your call and take decision accordingly.

Regards,

PSR

Answers (0)