cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create multisource-enabled data foundation but single sources fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configuring a new Universe to access a few Oracle 11i databases and some other things from a Windows 2008 R2 server running Crystal Server 2011. I can sucessfully create/access single source data foundations to these database but when I create multisource-enabled data foundatations the dfx shows and error on each source : [Data Federator Driver][Server][ConnectorServer has reported an exception: Conversion from UTF8 to Charset failed". The error is the same for each source Oracle database even though each works when configured as a single source. The server has the NLS_LANG variable set as we do for all the servers/clients NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252. Any ideas? Searching for the exact error text has returned nothing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Universe Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos
Whenever we are creating DataFoundation with Multi source Enabled, the data sources are not enabled. For single source it is working fine. we are doing it with SAP BO4.0 SP4 Client tools. How to reslove this issue..
former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. check that all the middleware layers were installed in the client Including the Data Federator component (This is added through the control panel add remove programs.)

2. You can also check the product support matrix for IDT connections.  If you are creating a shortcut correctly and saving it and then create DF select Multisource, is it a supported platform?