cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal cookie timeout issue in Tabs within the Browser IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have Portal and Backend configured as SSO.

Once I logged with Quality Portal ,a ticket is generated, and when I open another tab to login to production portal my quality portal ticket is inconsistent and I get the login screen on applications.

If I open in a new browser window the issue is not there.

Hope the cookie generated has the uniqueness for the system but why it is not controlled within TABS of the brower (internet explorer 7).

Let me know how to override this.

regards,

Sethu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Setu ,

Try this cmd in RUN . This would help you to clear cache.

"javaws -uninstall"

After invoking and closing a random chosen java web start application javaws.exe stays in memory . As a workaround you have to clear it.

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where did you see that the OP is using web start ? Do you have a crystal ball ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JAVAWS nothing to do with the issue reported.

Olivier,

In question to your suggestion, as per note 701205, I'm going to test this parameter 'ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level' to cut which should carry the uniqueness of the system.

Let me know you tried that parameter and any suggestions on this.

Regards,

Sethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sethu,

If there is inconsistency with the ticket, you cannot login first time also. DId you try with IE 8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arjun,

As I stated earlier, I can login successfully in the first login on both portals. The issues arises when I logged successfully in another tab with another portal Instance. My first Tab with the other Portal Instance application is gone.

I cannot use IE 8 as it is not released to our customer environment as of now.

Sethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both your portals are in the same DNS domain, this is normal behaviour even if it is very annoying.

The SAP Logon ticket form one portal is sent to the other portal because a cookie is valid for a domain.

The solution (workaround) is to open each portal in a different web browser, not in a different tab or a differentwindow of the same browser.

Regards,

Olivier