cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Stocks in Warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have receivd a material 'X' of quantity 50 into the respective storage location through the following process

PO -

> Inbound Delivery-------> TO Created -

> TO Confirmation

Now a stock of 50 is there in the storage location and a negative stock of 50 in the 902 storage type.

Question 1: Will this (stock at 902) not be nullified by the time the TO is confirmed?

Again i packed a quantity of 26 through HU02 into a handling unit.

Now a stock of +26 and -26 are appearing in the stock overview and 50 is not reflected in MMBE or MB5B

Why it is like this.

Kindly advise on this

Thanks and regards,

I.Jacob Milton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

There are two ways that you need to understand while working with WM integration

1) First in WM then in IM

2) First in IM then in WM.

The scenario you are posted is of First in WM.

Inbound delivery i.e. ASN you have posted & TO is confirmed. It means yet physically goods might have not come.

It creates a negative quant in 902 storage type & once you post the GR that gets knocked-off.

As in earlier reply you can also work with option 4 but practically you must do this at the time of goods arrival only.

And ofcourse in MMBE tis stock is visible under "On-Order Stock"

Working with First in WM requires a more attention & need to check on following points.

1) Check for the TO created against inbound delivery Number , what is the dynamic Bin created here ?

It must be an Inbound delivery as in mvt type L i.e. sales document is mapped

3) The best way to work with such scenario is copy IM & WM mvt types & map it for Inb delivery.

4) Create a Fixed BIN for such case so that tracking is easy.

Thanks,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacob

This is normal with Inbound deliveries

Basically you put the stock away first against the Inbound and as you have no stock in 902 (this is where a normal GR without Inbounds would put the stock in WM) then the system creates a negative qty.

Whe you have located all of your stcok and confirmed your TO's you will need to 'Post Goods Receipt' your inbound delivery through VL32N

This will tell IM that the stock has arrived and IM will subsequently post the receipt in IM and place the stock in WM in 902 and this will get rid of your negative.

As a tip if you set your confirmation of TO's (LT12) so that in the Control are of the front screen of LT12 in the

'Adopt put away quantity' so tha it shows '4'' then each time a TO from the Inbound is confirmed the posting in to IM will take place and your negatives will reduce

This is helpful so that if for instance you have 20 items on your Inbound and you have issues with oone of them then you cannot Post goods receipt against the inbound until they are all complete and this will delay the IM seeing the stock

The '4' will allow the stock to be seen everytime you confirm a TO

I hope that this helps

Frenchy