cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPRXRPM_50_702 vs CPRXRPM_450_700

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm starting to preprare the Netweaver environments for a cFolder project, and I'm looking for some advise.

At the very beginning we supposed to use CPRXRPM_450_700 over Netweaver 702 (Enh 2 for NW 700).

We read on note 1260377 that now also NW 731 (Abap) is supported for CPRXRPM_450_700 , obviously we are interested to go up to the latest release.

The problem is that on Sapnet we are unable to download the NW 731, as we find only NW 73.

And the Oss note 1260377 does not specify the NW 73 as a supported release.

Then we see the CPRXRPM_50_702 was released; I read note 1377104 but it's not clear for me if cFolder is still included here or not and if requires just an Abap istance as the previous releases (we do not foresee J2EE istances at the very beginning, we do not have enough machines).

Then it's not clear if there are prerequisites on the ECC side as support packages levels.

Which is in your opinion the combination more stable and affordable for a project starting from scratch ?.

Someone already used the CPRXRPM_50_702 for a cFolder project ? Which are the differences from the development point of view , is there are any ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

With CPRXRPM_50_702, only cProjects and RPM applications are only changed.

There is no change done with cFolders. cFolders is still BSP application with CPRXRPM_50_702.

As in previous version, cFolders can be accessed through Portal or direct link of SICF.

So, if you want to access cFolders through portal then you will need Netweaver Java Stack.

Hope it clarifies your doubt.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

In case I install the NW 73 (Abap only) with the CPR CPRXRPM_50_702 in your opinion do I have to apply some patch on the backend ERP ECC 600 system in order to use the cFolder ?

I read note 1377104 and it says sometime it's needed to go up with the Support Packages..

Regards

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please note that CPRXRPM (ABAP) is not (and will not be) released for NW 7.30 (ABAP) but only for NW 7.31 (ABAP).

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

So the latest Netweaver  release supported for CPRXRPM_50_702 it's the Netweaver 702 (Enh 2 for NW 700) .

This at least until the release Nw 731 it's going to be in General Availability.

I'm in right ?

Regards

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

yes, exactly.

In general, SAP Note 1377082 gives you some more details.

Kind regards,

Florian

Answers (0)