cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will CCM will be a part of MDM? And where to install it DMZ or intranet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM/MDM friends,

There are some rumors that CCM 2.0 will be part of MDM for the next Release in SRM 6.0 is this true?.

I am creating the Architecture for a SRM 5.0 Implementation that includes all the SRM Business Scenarios and I would like to know if I should use CCM in the same SRM instance (PRD) or install another instance just for CCM (for future addition of this component in MDM).

For SRM Dev CCM is currently in the SRM Instance to minimize server costs.

Also we will be doing Catalog Vendor Integration via XML (using XI) and OCI so my feeling is to plan the CCM install in the DMZ so it is not in the intranet. But I have not found any best practices on where to install the CCM if you will do OCI (Round trip or Supplier-owned catalogs). Any comments on this ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan

CCM will be there eventhough MDM is available in SRM new release. But you will be having the option whether to contiue with CCM or shift to MDM(New license would be required for MDM).

Regarding installation of CCM, it would be better if it is in DMZ for security reasons. It is upto you to suit your security concerns.

PS : Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish,

Actually no new license IS required for SRM-MDM.

The SRM-MDM Catalog component will made available to mySAP SRM customers with the same license and support conditions as currently defined for SAP CCM.

Regards,

Adeoye