cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to upload file into XI from my local PC using file adapter.I am using GuidFTPEd for this.But I am getting this error for communication channel.

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "170.149.56.150:21": java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

I have checked this ip address using ipconfig on my machine.The port I have specified is 21.

Thanks,

Rekha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please clarify the scenario, normally you use File/(FTP) adapter (sender) to fetch file into XI.

more information would be useful to analyse.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

My scenario is File-XI-Proxy.I am using sender file adapter to pick file.since I am testing something I am picking file from my local pc.That is why I have installed GUILDFTPEd for that.

I hope you understand my scenario now.

Thanks,

Rekha.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Check if the port 21 is open.

1. Check if any firewall is running in your system

2. Also try from some other machine in the network to access your FTP like ftp://170.149.56.150 and see if you able to access it.

3. Restart your FTP server or machine and try again.

4. Check your administrator if XI can access a FTP.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Pls check if your PC is open for FTP communication (say port etc).

Simple test : You can copy an existing (successful) ftp adapter (of someother FTP server) from your ID, and make a test scenario with your PC details.

Hope it helps

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

>>>>1. Check if any firewall is running in your system

How to check this

>>>>2. Also try from some other machine in the network to >>>>access your FTP like ftp://170.149.56.150 and see if >>>>you able to access it.

I tried this and it is working the other machine is able to connect to my ftp

4. Check your administrator if XI can access a FTP.

Do we need to specify somewhere in administration of XI server ftp address of my machine?If yes where.

Thanks,

Rekha.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>>>1. Check if any firewall is running in your system

How to check this</i>

You can see in you taskbar is some Firewall is running. I think now its not needed as you said you we able to access your FTP from another system, so there should not be any firewall problem.

<i>>>>>4. Check your administrator if XI can access a FTP.

Do we need to specify somewhere in administration of XI server ftp address of my machine?If yes where.</i>

No there is no need to specify this anywhere in XI server, There might be some OS level restriction to access FTP port and am not sure please check ur admin. I think they will be able to help you. Also if you have XI system remote logon try accesing FTP server like you did from the other machine.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Just to check with you when I open my GUILDFTP server then I can see lot of parametrs under Options tab.The port mentioned there infront of Port is 21.But all the options are unchecked.Do I have to check these options?

Thanks,

Rekha.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Yes there is no need for any other setting in your FTP application. As you have already checked that you were able to connect from another system. It should be from XI system, if you have remote logon try accessing your FTP.

Thanks,

Prakash