SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment Request and Security Deposit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is to create a downpayment request, make a payment and it should get cleared with the actual receivables.I created a Down payment request through Manual posting.Did the payment for the same. But during my final bill it doesnt get cleared with my actual receivables. I have done the required configuration for Down payments in posting area 1010 with 3000/0010 alongwith clearing restriction '5' and also maiantained them in SAP Utilities -> Invoice Processing -> Item Selection in Account Maintainence as well as Bill printout but unable to acheive the same.

Moreover, I checked my Security deposit also. It is getting cleared but still remaining as a down payment item. Event R401 is also active.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Richa Tyagi

3 REPLIES 3

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked to see if the Account Maintenance checkbox is switched on in the Invoicing configuration path "Define Control for Additional Invoicing Functions"?

Also, what settings have you made in Item Selection for Account Maintenance?

Ensure your Interval days are a high number, and the Open Item selection should not be a restrictive value.

For Final Invoicing the Item Selection settings should be done for Clearing Types R42 and R43.

Regards,

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for the reply but all the above settings mentioned by you have already been done.

The account Maintainence checkbox is switched on in Invoicing .

Also, I have maintained 3000/10 and 3000/20 in Item selection for Account maintainence with no restrictive value for Open Item selection i.e OI selection and Interval days both have been kept as blank.

Regards,

Richa Tyagi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the Clearing configuring for invoicing has the Account Maintenance Clearing Variant defined:

Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable ->Basic Functions ->Open Item Management.->Clearing Control->Define Specifications for Clearing Types->Define Specifications for IS-U Invoicing

Ensure that the Final Billing Clearing Types R42 and R43 are assigned the Account Maintenance Clearing Variant.

In addtion, extend the Interval Days in Item Selection in Invoicing to be 999 days. While Due dates should not matter for credits, some functionality respects the due date.

If all this fails, make sure your Event R401 is not bypassing any standard logic that is contained with the IS-U standard Event ISU_EVENT_R401.

Also, make sure that your account is not a multi-contract account. There are dependencies during Move-out/Final bill for Security Deposits the Release can occur only if all contracts are moved out.

Regards,

Ivor M.