cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time error in smart forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Printing out the Delivery chellan we are using the report to get prin out in PDF and Smartform print...we are fetching the values from the table(RG23D register for the depot) for one particular material document,it is giving the error tax procedure is invalid....if i try to debug it is going very interiorly,i cant set the break point manuallly in the code since it is in quality and not self devloped...! i found out the window where the error is coming i want to debug the particular window..............Pls suggest me on this

Dinesh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to smartform> give smartform name > execute> get the FM name

now if you fm comes name like /1BCDWB/SF00000032

add "L" after /1BCDWB/ and at the end add "F01" so it will become /1BCDWB/LSF00000032F01

there you will find all your code written in smartform, choose yours one and put a external breakpoint and it will stop there.

or try to use SMARTFORM_TRACE also.

former_member699400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

get the name of function module of smartform, open it in SE37, you should find there something like $INIT, I guess here is a place for a break point, because here you should enter the INITIALIZATION step of smartform, perss F5 at this point to enter your form.

Regards,

M.

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get the function module name from the smartforms transaction and do a search on the window (or variable etc ) . put a break point in SE37 and then debug.

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DEV Let me try for that..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i cant findout the exact window.....by debugging the function module...still am trying for that..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is,

It seems that you are debugging a smartform which is not developed by you !! It is not at all difficult to find the source of error. The runtime error should clearly tell you the line number from where the error is occuring. Copy that part of code from where system is throwing a runtime error.

Goto SE37 and enter the function module corresponding to your smartform and display. Click on Find. Paste that line code and select In Main Program and the search.

Go to the inline documentation of the subroutine from where this code is written. You should see the following.

NODE -- Gives you the node name of Program Lines.

Regards,

Danish.