cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the locale Date Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default the date formats in web dynpro applications changes with the locale. For the locale US, the date format comes with the seperator '/ ' for German with '.'.

But we need to have the seperator '.' for all locales. Where can this standard setting be changed?

Thanks & Regards,

Syam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the following link:

This might be helpful to you.

Regards,

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know that this is possible to be changed via Java code. But I would like to know whether the locale date format for US can be changed centrally somewhere in the configurations.

Thanks & Regards,

Syam.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i don't think there is such place for you to do the this configuration.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

You can create a Simple Type in the dictionnary of your application of type Date.

When it's create, go to the "Representation" tab and enter the format you want (DD.MM.YYYY for exemple).

Then in your context, bind your simple type to all attribues that is typed as Date.

Regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know that this can be changed in the web dynpro application by creating new types.  I would like to avoid this as I have hundreds of custom web dynpro applications with thisproblem.

I would like to know whether there is an option to change the US date format centrally for the portal.

Thanks..

Regards,

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syam,

I was in the same situation and after looking for a work arround i came to the conclusion that there is no way to change the date format centrally. If attributes are typed as "date", browser will display all dates with the language define on it with "/" between day, month and year.

Regards,

Nicolas

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it sap application or your customized application?

the later should be possible.