Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bucket roll up using report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My company is going to use PPM 5.0 o manage their projects, we use the new report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING to transfer the information from PS to the item and to roll up item information to the bucket ( execution at protfolio level or at item level), we use the option : Integration, planning and rollup.

From my opinion this report is one of the advantages in PPM 5.0 vs previous versions that it was needed a lot of reports and idocs to get this.

The problem with this report is that if you execute the total function ( integration, planning and rollup) it only makes the rollup information to the buckets if one of the item in the execution is linked to PS/CO ( if one is linked it does the rollup for al the items) we don't know which is the purpose of this validation. We have requested to SAP to delete this validation or create an option to execute the report standard with the option to always execute the rollup ( very easy to change this) but they have answered us that this was the design,

In our case the problem is that during the first days we use PPM we are not going to have items linked to PS then we will need to schedule this report twice ( It is possible only for the first and second week..not sure)

1) Integration and planning

2) Roll up

When one of the item is replicated to PS the report will always rollup all the item costs to the bucket ( items linked and items not linked), then we will have to change the dialy job to only execute once with the option :

Integration , planning and roll up

(*) for me the rollup should be independent on the link.

This is our solution for portfolio execution.

For item execution we don't have a nice solution ( in some cases item is already linked to PS in other case item is not linked to PS yet) or we execute twice or we change the standar report to skip this validation, unfortunately we think it is better to change the standard report.

I have created an idea in the idea place, if someone has the same issue than me can add a comment.

This is the link:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/9254

Thanks everybody!!

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes we know but it is schedule another job only due to a validation in the report. Which is the purpose of this validation? ( it is very easy to delete it ) . If we could understand the purpose of it.....for me it doesn't make sense. There is not bucket rollup if the item is not linked to CO/PS...

Thanks !!!

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Yes, I agree with you. I have supported you for the change you have proposed.

Cheers

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for sharing my problem,

it is very easy to demostrate a bug in a report but it is not easy to demostrate/justify an error in the design of a report/functionality.

Sara

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes we know but it is schedule another job only due to a validation in the report. Which is the purpose of this validation? ( it is very easy to delete it ) . If we could understand the purpose of it.....for me it doesn't make sense. There is not bucket rollup if the item is not linked to CO/PS...

Thanks !!!

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara.

Alternatively, you can run the job /RPM/BUCKET_ROLLUP for the roll-up of the cost to buckets and initiatives.

Regards

Amit