cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Request Mapping errors back to a consumer for a sync scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a sync scenario (JAVA Application <-> PI <-> CRM (service)) where i want to send back any mapping exception that occurs in PI on the request side of the call, back to the consumer.

I also want to communicated back to the consumer, if there are any connection failures between PI and CRM.

I have implemented Fault Mapping in my scenario. Will this take care of any connection failures between PI and CRM also?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a sync scenario (JAVA Application <-> PI <-> CRM (service)) where i want to send back any mapping exception that occurs in PI on the request side of the call, back to the consumer.

You can use the XI alerting framework for that, here are some references:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

(Step-by-Step blog by Michal)

I have implemented Fault Mapping in my scenario. Will this take care of any connection failures between PI and CRM also?

Fault Mapping is for application errors only, it will not handle system errors.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already configured alerts for this scenario and the emails will be routed to support guys.

The intention behind this thread is to be able to also intimate the end user with the issue at real time when they are actually using the UI.

Request you to please suggest a workaround where i can send a response back to the USER that the target system is down/unavailable (System errors). Is there a way, i can route this message to the consumer's front end screen?

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is best fit in a BPM scenario where you can handle the exception and thus send back required response to the sender application in case of mapping failures.

Also implement fault message so that any failure at the target application can also be send across.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shabarish,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please share more information as to how i can use a BPM in this case? Being new to BPM, it will be really helpful if you can share some links where something similar is done.

Shabarish, also when the target system (CRM) is down, will this error message (Eg: HTTP time out) get populated in the fault message structure used?

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the BPM, you will have your transformation step within a block.

you can use exception and catch the failure of a mapping and then in the exception handling branch, you can create another transformation and pass the required message to the sender.

Also incase you want to capture that the target system is down, you will do a similar exception handling on the send step to CRM