cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a small doubt on proxy ,idoc and Http.

there is no need to create sender cc for idoc ,http and proxy where as receiver side why we are creating cc s for those adapters ?

I have searched in sdn but i could not find proper answer for those queries in sdn.

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really basic question and answered ,any times .

To connect to Receiver system(IDoc/Proxy/HTTP) we need some place to enter receiver system details so we required receiver adpater, take an example in IDoc receiver adapter we enter Port and RFC destination details(which are created in PI system) to call RFC destination we required IIDoc adapter,same case in Proxy/HTTP also(to call HTTP destination).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja sekhar,

Thanks for your quick response

but we don't .need to create for sender cc for those adapters.

where we define sap pi details in ECC regarding proxy and idoc ?

Regard

Srinivas

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We create RFC destination and other details in ECC to connect PI ,When ever you trigger IDoc/Proxy Program in ECC TRFC call establishes directly to connect PI integration engine,but in case of receiver side Adapter is the starting point to call RFC destination. hence we required adapter in receiver side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my problem was solved.

again thanks for Raja sekhar

Regards

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Idoc:

the sender R3 system sends the idoc (after doing necessary conf on sender application system) as it is to the IDOC adapter (which sits on ABAP stack of Integration engine) and there is a FM called IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCSHCRONOUS which technically receiver the IDOC and converts into IDOC XML format...so no need of sender IDOC adapter

For Proxy:

The local integration engine of sender application system directly sends the message in PI xml format to the PI's Integration engine...so u really dont need to have sender xi adapter

For HTTP:

The sender HTTP adapter also sits on integration server as an HTTP service...this HTTP service actually reads the metada (like sender service name, interface name and all appended in the URL ) and xml data and builds the PI SOAP format

hope this clear ur doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply amit

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no need to create sender cc for idoc ,http and proxy where as receiver side why we are creating cc s for those adapters ?

The main reason is pi resides on ABAP stack so we dont need to create Sender Communication channels for Idoc & proxy.

and

IDOC,HTTP ,proxy it will directly communicate with integration engine.so the message will be processed directly to the integration server.there is no involvement of adapter engine.thats why aender communication channel and sender agreement are not needed for these adapters