cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing sap ECC 6.0 and going to use sap content server for storing documents. I want to use late storing of documents with barcode concept in archivelink . I am able to enter the barcode id to the object and able to see the same in internal barcode table. Now i want to know whether the standard sap content server is provided with barcode scanner software to scan the value of the bar code attached and to allocate the stored document a document ID, and registers this with ArchiveLink along with the bar code ID for automatic linking of document and object. I need to inform the client whether it is acheived through standard sap content server software or any third party tool required. Please share your inputs.

Regards

SSrinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Standard SAP content server is not capable of bar coding scanning. You shall use 3rd party tool to scan and later use SAP content server to integrate and store the data.

Alternatively you shall evaluate SAP Open Text Solution for document storing. It has in-built adapters for easy integration with scanners or optical readers . You shall archive late archiving easliy using Open Text Solution.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any link where it is mentioned that third party software is required since i need to justify the client.

Regards

SSrinivasan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may refer following document on SAP ARchivelink.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVARLSC/BCSRVARLSC.pdf

If has all the details which you may use for justification.

Some extract from this document.

Technical Implementation (PA-PA)

An external scanner is used to import written incoming documents into the system. The scanner

communicates with SAP ArchiveLink. Individual documents are linked directly to an infotype

and employee using the personnel number, or they are assigned generally to an employee using

the personnel number. The link is created using the document type.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Sankar