cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline material in Network order

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have requirement to user material with material type PIPELINE and backflush these components during confirmation of network.

I am getting error message 'Material XXXX is incompatible with item category PIPE ' during assignment of Pipeline materials to Network. we choosing item category = N (non stock) to assign pipeline materials to the activities.

Please advise, if some has used pipeline materials in network and backflushed by using CN25.

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do check with your MM consultant to fix the item category group "PIPE" defined the used material. Error is explanatory.

I have no idea whether we can use pipeline material with Item category "N". Generally Pipeline material (raw material is pumped from storage tanks to produciton unit. this material could be in the form of liquid or semi liquid. In my past project we have different concept used by PP to measure Qty consumed to produce final product but not used these materials on project network) are being used in process industry to measure the Qty being consumed for producing final product. In that case, I guess, your material never be a Non-stock item. Becaue of this reason system might be throwing error.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Mar 8, 2012 7:51 PM