cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDOINIT is working only first in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Purpose of my webdynpro component is to display the data from my custom ZTABLE to table UI element. So i have included my SELECT statement in WDOINIT.

Also my webdynpro component is include in the Portal Iview. When I am access my report through portal first time, its fetch all records. (I.e Updated table records). Suppose after caccessing the report in portal and updated few records in the table means its not fetching because WDOINIT is not working...

WDOINIT is working only during first time... how to resolve this... Also I dont want to include my select statement in WDOMODIFYVIEW...

please throw some light on this..

By

deva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you displayed the table , where you are updating ztable?

in the view itself are you updating table record through button action?

if you are updating ztable through some button action, in that button action refresh the node then you will get the new table values.

Once the view displayed( means wddoint will triggered, it will trigger only once )

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs... Could you please help me how to refersh the node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write your code on button click event instead of DOINIT method.

DOINIT is a hook method which will be called only once & if you want the same action to be performerd again then copy yor code from DOINIT & paste it in Method of event.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after entering the record into the table.again write code to update the record. It will solve ur problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

R u saying that your newly added data is not refreshing.

Karthik.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are displaying the view, WDDOINIT will only get triggered during startup.

As you told you are updating the fields in some action, So in this action method read the data from

the table and bind this data to your node using bind_table, The same thing which you have done in WDDOINIT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs...

I dont have any action button to trigger... My scenario is : I have 2 webdynpro component (for eg ZWD1 and ZWD2)

ZWD1 -> having screen to update the ZTABLE

ZWD2->Having Table UI alone to display ZTABLE data.

above both Webdynpro has included in portal.

Assume ZTABLE is currently having 10 records. Now if user select the report menu in portal means, it will display 10 records. now if user select the ZWD2 menu in portal and adding 11th record and then select the report to see the updated 11th record in report.. but its not showing the 11th records...

How to overcome this.. please help me

by

deva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way for it to get automatically refreshed, you need to refresh the data using some

action to get the newly entered data.

As you are using different WD component to enter new data, this cant reflect in the other component,

So you would need to have a round trip to server from the component you are displaying the data

so that you can fetch the newly entered data.